We know that in order to have an enjoyable time of worship, you need to know you children are having fun in an enriching and safe environment. New Life has programs for children aged 3 up to grade 8 during our Worship Service.
At New Life, we establish ministries that connect people with God and with one another. Each ministry provides unique opportunities to get involved at every age. For more information on any New Life programs, please contact the church office.
Children's Worship (ages 3 - 5) and Kids Focus (grades 1 - 8) are running from November 1 - December 13 (Christmas Break) as a pilot project. Please contact the church office at or 519-823-5851 by Friday at noon to sign up.
An update on children's ministries:
1. Please sign up for Children's Worship and Kids Focus via the church office by Friday at noon. You will receive an email confirmation from the church office Friday afternoon.
2. If you come to church on Sunday morning and have not signed up for kids programs, you may check in with the Greeters to see if there is space. Class information (teacher, helper and number of children) will be on the Greeter's clipboard at the sign in table.
3. Please only send children down to kids programs if you have received an email confirmation rom the church office on Friday afternoon OR if you have checked in with the Greeter and know that there is space for them.
4. Volunteers with a police check are needed to help each teacher! We require 2 unrelated adults supervising each group of kids in each room (a teacher and a helper) at all times.
5. Before the sermon, the Worship Leader will make an announcement and children will meet their teacher at the back of the Sanctuary one group at a time. Teachers will escort their class downstairs. Children’s Worship (ages 3 - 5) will exit the sanctuary first, followed by grade 1/2, then 3/4, then 5/6 and then 7/8.
6. The Usher on duty will let the teachers know when the prayer of the people is starting, and they will file upstairs one group at a time, beginning with Children’s Worship once the final song of the service begins. Children will return to their parents or caregivers prior to the end of the service.
7. Hand sanitizer will be available in each classroom for all teachers, helpers and kids to use upon entry.
8. Masks will be worn at all times.
9. Kids will be separated by one chair when seated around the table.
10. Each child will have their own set of pens, pencils or markers to work with.
Our well-equipped nursery provides childcare for infants to 3 year olds during the Worship Service. The nursery offers a space for newborn and infant care, as well as plenty of space for activities and play. Children under the age of 4 are also invited to the nursery when Children's Worship is not running. The Nursery is currently closed due to Covid-19. We welcome babies and toddlers to the service. There are round tables set up specifically for families as well as rhythm instruments and coloring pages or you can bring your own toys and books.
Children love to worship God! Children's Worship runs during the Worship Service for children aged 3 to 5. Our program has taken the needs of children into account and devised an exciting way to introduce them to the wonder of worship. Through storytelling, art, and other activities, children can enter more deeply into the life of faith. Children's Worship will provide stories and knowledge of scripture as well as offer a worshipful atmosphere where children will experience the awesome wonder of God. Please contact the church office to register by Friday at noon.
Kids Focus is designed for youth from Grade 1 through Grade 8. The program is offered during the Worship Service. During Kids Focus, participants are invited to use drama, movement, and art to focus on God's love for them and this world.
The Cadets welcome all boys in grades 3 - 8. They meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:30pm-8:30pm, October to May, with the goal of helping each boy develop spiritually in all areas of life. Through large and small group activities, teaching and projects, boys are encouraged to grow mentally, physically, socially and spiritually as they work alongside their counselors who act as mentors and role models. The New Life Cadet program is part of a larger organization called the Calvinist Cadet Corps which you can learn about here: Calvinistcadets.org. For more information on New Life Cadets, contact the church office. Cadets is currently on hold due to Covid-19.
GEMS GIRL'S CLUB
GEMS (Girls Everywhere Meeting the Saviour) is a program created for girls from Grade 3 to 8. It meets on Tuesday nights, 6:30pm to 8:30pm, October to May. At club meetings, girls have the opportunity to participate in fun and meaningful activities that aim to enrich their lives. Games, crafts, signing, learning important life skills through badge work, discussing the Bible and learning to apply it to life, as well as discovering solutions to many of the challenges facing girls today, are all part of the club experience. New Life GEMS is part of a larger GEMS program which you can learn about here: Gemsgc.org. For more information on New Life GEMS, please contact the church office. GEMS is currently on hold due to Covid-19.
New Life provides programs for adults to strengthen relationships, develop an understanding of God's love, and provide a place to belong. Whether you are looking for a group to socialize, learn, or worship with, you will find a place to connect with others who share your interests. If you would like more information regarding any of our adult programs or ministries, please contact the church office.
This ministry allows participants to connect in a social, faith-based, small group setting. Small groups meet regularly at member's homes, with groups often consisting of 10 to 12 people. To best meet the needs of its members, small groups vary in their activities, which may include prayer, Bible study, or reflections on books, movies or articles.
At Women's Life (Living In Faith Everyday), our purpose is to build community among women and to encourage each other in our faith. Neighbours and friends are always welcome! We begin each meeting with coffee and fellowship. Opening devotions, singing, sharing concerns and prayer is done in a large group setting. After that, we break into small groups for Bible study and discussion. During the year we also have social events such as: craft day, pie baking, Christmas program, workshops, and prayer day . It's an uplifting time together and we warmly welcome all to join us!
We meet on Wednesday mornings outside (weather permitting) or via Zoom from 9:30am-11:30am, September to May.
Men's Life meets for breakfast and conversation the second Saturday of every month at 8:00 am at the Symposium Cafe (304 Stone Rd W, Guelph, ON N1G 3C4). All men are welcome. Men's Life is currently on hold due to Covid-19.
New Life provides opportunities for all ages to participate in worship. Whether you are interested in dance, drama, music, song, prayer, or art, the Worship Ministry offers the opportunity to use your gifts in a worshipful way. These ministries provide leadership for the purpose of inspiring individuals to grow in excellence and developing their abilities as part of a group. New participants are invited to join in these activities at any time throughout the year. For more information on Worship, please click here.
At New Life, our many programs and ministries offer opportunities to become involved in our church community. In order to provide a safe and supportive environment, all volunteers and staff go through a Safe Church Screening process which includes getting a Vulnerable Sector Police Check. If you would like more information regarding any of these programs or ministries please contact the church office.