Resuming In-Person Gatherings: Covid-19 Precautions:
We are so excited to come together in person to worship again! As of Sunday September 13, at 10:00am, our weekly gatherings will resume. Staff, Council, and the Logistics team have carefully considered how to do this safely. Please look over these directives for what to expect:
New this week: Children's Ministries are back until Christmas! See below for details.
1. If you are experiencing any of the signs of Covid-19, have come into close contact with someone who has it or have traveled outside the country within 14 days, we ask that you stay home and join us via the live stream. (see Signs and Symptoms of Covid-19)
2. When joining us for worship, please maintain 2 metres of physical distance (indoors and outside) with people other than your family/social bubble. Doors will be propped opened to allow for easy flow through out the church.
3. Each week, we ask that you pre-register for services online for September Sundays here. You are welcome to sign up for as many dates as you like. If you are unable to pre-register, please know that you are welcome to join us and we will ask you for contact information at the door. This information is for contact tracing purposes only.
4. We strongly encourage you to wear a mask or face covering while inside the building. We recognize some people may not be able to for health and mental health reasons.
5. Several hand sanitizing stations will be available, and extra cleaning of high touch areas will be done.
6. Please refrain from handshakes and hugs as greetings. Instead offer a wave, nod, bow, smiley eyes, or smile!
7. Our sanctuary seating has been adjusted to provide physically distanced spacing. We have created spaced groupings of chairs and invite individuals and families to find one that meets their needs.
8. Washrooms (i.e. both downstairs and upstairs) will be available and will be limited to one person at a time.
9. We will not be handing out any printed material (including the mail folders) and will project all service elements onto the screens.
10. We will not be passing around offering plates during the service but will provide a Ministry Giving drop box near the entrance to the sanctuary for weekly donations to support the ministry of the church and our ministry partners.
11. Children's Worship and Kids Focus starts this Sunday! You must sign up below on a first come first served basis. This pilot project will run from November 1 - December 13 and we will make adjustments as necessary.
12. There will be no nursery care available at this time.
13. There will be no congregational singing in worship. We will continue to find other creative ways to praise and draw close to God.
14. We will not have coffee or beverages available before or after the service. Everyone is asked to reserve conversation, beyond a simple greeting, to outside the church building. When outside, please keep physically distanced from those not in your family/social bubble.
15. Stay tuned for more information about Communion dates and methods with regards to Covid-19 safety. For October 18, we tried out Bring-Your-Own-Elements Communion; we asked everyone to prepare the grape juice and bread in advance, and bring it with them to church in person or at home. We participated all together. Watch the check-in video below for more details. Next Communion date is November 22, 2020.
Specific info for Families:
Children's Worship and Kids Focus starts this Sunday! You must sign up below on a first come first served basis. This pilot project will run from November 1 - December 13 and we will make adjustments as necessary.
You must sign up in advance via the weekly Google Form by Friday at noon. You will receive an email confirmation from the church office Friday afternoon.
Class sizes will be capped at 5 kids plus a teacher and an adult helper.
Volunteers are needed to help each teacher! Our insurance company requires 2 unrelated adults supervising each group of kids in each room (a teacher and a helper) at all times.
Before the sermon, the Worship Leader will make an announcement and children will meet their teacher at the back of the Sanctuary. Teachers will escort their class downstairs.
An Usher will let the teachers know when the prayer of the people is starting, and they will file upstairs class by class once the final song of the service begins. Children will return to their parents or caregivers prior to the end of the service.
Hand sanitizer will be available in each classroom for all teachers, helpers and kids to use upon entry.
Masks will be worn at all times.
Kids will be separated by one chair when seated around the table.
Each child will have their own set of pens, pencils or markers to work with.
RSVP below for the worship service and kids programs on November 1.
If you do not want your kids to attend Children's Worship and Kid's Focus, or you are not able to sign up, we invite families to worship together in our sanctuary instead.
There are tables and chairs at the back of the sanctuary reserved for families with young children. You may wish to bring a blanket for kids to play on or spread out.
We don’t mind if there’s a bit more noise!
We have children's worship material available, including Children's pages, crayons, and rhythm instruments on a table in the foyer. You are also invited to bring your own crayons, paper/books from home. There will continue to be Children’s Pages available to print at home via the weekly order of worship.
Thank you for joining us in creating a welcoming, worshipful and safe place for kids!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How will I know if there is still space for me and my family at church?
A: The size restrictions on worship gathering is 30% of capacity. Our Sunday registration is capped below that to leave plenty of room for walk-ups. If a Sunday reaches the cap, the registration for that day will be removed. So far, we are not close to reaching our capacity on Sundays, so we encourage everyone who would like to come to RSVP and join us in person.
Q: What's the deal with masks?
A: We ask that everyone wear a mask during the Sunday gatherings, including the entrance, duration of the service, and exit. This is consistent with school regulations, and we want everyone to feel as safe as possible.
Q: Where will I find the Live Stream on Sunday?
A: Our Sunday gathering will be streamed to our Facebook page and YouTube account, and will be available after the service on the Church from Home page. Thank you for your patience as we work out the kinks over the next few weeks.
Q: I have a question or concern that isn't addressed here. Who should I contact?
A: Please contact the church office at with any questions or concerns. We want to hear from you, so please reach out.